1. The within terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) relate to an experience challenge entitled the “Prince Ned Nwoko Antartica Experience Challenge” (the “Competition”) which the Prince Ned Nwoko Foundation and its affiliates and/or subsidiary companies (the “Company”) intends to run in 2021.
2. By entering this competition, (the “Talent”) agrees to these terms and conditions as set out hereinafter and the entrant further accepts that the terms and conditions of this competition may be altered, amended, varied or otherwise modified by the company at any time up to and including the final determination of the competition and that such alteration, amendment or variation may be made orally or in writing and at all times the terms and conditions are at the sole discretion of the company.
3. The Competition is open to all Talents over the age of 18 years old and resident in Nigeria.
4. Entries received after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition. The Company reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to extend the Closing date of the competition for a reasonable period of time and where so extended the date upon which the Company decide to be the subsequent closing date shall be the closing date for the purposes of these terms and conditions.
5. In order to enter the competition, all entrants shall complete an online application form at Https://nednwokoantarcticachallenge.org (the “Entry Form”) and follow all directions therein. Only registered Entrants can take part in the activity.
6. Talents are responsible and assume liability for any and all medical expenses incurred as a result of participation in the competition. Talents are also responsible and assume liability for any and all damages, loss or expenses incurred as a result of their participation in the challenge, including but not limited to loss arising from theft or damage to personal items or a claim in damages arising from any injury.
7. The submitted entry (the “Work”) must be original, imaginative, entertaining, objective, professional and passionate. Selected Talents must follow the instructions of the challenge moderator.
8. Work that does not fit within the Conditions of Entry will not be admissible and will not be considered for the Competition or entries that fail to meet any of the eligibility requirements or is otherwise unable to comply with the competition terms and conditions. The Company shall retain full and sole discretion over every question as to the admissibility or otherwise of any given work. The following are examples (without limitation) of inadmissible work:
1. Copies of original works;
2. Works that are in breach of copyright (or reasonably considered by the Company to create a risk of infringing upon a copyright;
3. Work, that in the reasonable view of the Company, contain profanity or is deemed explicitly vulgar.
4. Talent should not wear any branded clothing to their appearances. No logos or visible branded apparel.
5. Talent MUST not wear COLORS GREEN for shooting, as it will impair the visuals for the screen production.
9. In addition, the Company reserves the right to disqualify a work, where in the reasonable view of the Company:
1. The work does not meet any of the entry criteria;
2. The Talent cannot be contacted;
3. The Talent does not respond within 48 hours of being contacted by the Company;
4. The talent is absent at any period in the duration of the competition;
5. The Talent uses abusive substance and enhancers all through the duration of this competition;
6. Talent fails to meet up to the contest task and request;
7. Talent fails to adhere to production schedule.
10. The competition is not open to employees, directors, officers, and agents or servants of the Prince Ned Nwoko Foundation or its affiliates and their immediate family members of their households.
11. The judges shall be appointed by the Company in such number and of such qualification as it sees fit at its sole discretion. The Judges’ decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into. All works will be judged anonymously and winners selected on the basis of the criteria specified on our website and/or social media channels in relation to the competition and there will be no segregation whatsoever.
12. The Company shall endeavour to notify successful Entrants who will be invited to participate in the Competition (the “Talent(s)”) on or shortly after (date) or such other date as the Company, at its absolute discretion, shall elect (the “Notification Date”). On or shortly thereafter the notification date, all selected Talents will be contacted and provided with full activity details and the relevant dates using the contact information provided by the entrant at registration.
13. The Talents shall be responsible for all costs associated with creating the work. Competition entries will not be returned, therefore, keep a copy of your competition entries.
14. By completing the entry form, the Talent agrees to the Company collecting, retaining, processing, or otherwise utilising the Talent’s personal information solely for the purposes of processing the Talent’s entry to the competition, the promotion and administration of the competition. The Talent’s personal information will not be shared with third parties or otherwise processes for alternative purposes without the Talent’s consent.
15. The Talent shall not make, or permit any person to make, any public announcement, communication or circular (announcement), be it verbal, written or howsoever broadcast on any platform to include (without limitation) social media, on or concerning the existence, subject matter, results or terms of the competition, the wider transactions contemplated by it, or the relationship between the parties, without the prior written consent of the company save where such information is already in the public domain or the express written consent of the company is provided. Breach of this section shall be treated as a breach of confidentiality and shall be considered a material breach of these terms and conditions.
16. The Company reserves the right to deny admission to the competition, or withdraw a work or Talent from the competition if for any reason the work, or any circumstances surrounding the display of the work, appears to the Company to expose it to risk of legal proceedings, reputational damage or other potential loss or if the Work acts in any way detrimental to the brand of the Company.
17. Each Talent, by entering the Competition confirms that they hold all intellectual property rights in the work and that they have obtained prior written approval for the use of any third party copyrighted material contained in the submitted work.
18. The Company shall make reasonable efforts to contact the prize winner within 7 days. Where the winner fails to respond to notification attempts within this time or provide an address for delivery of the prize, the Company reserves the right to disqualify that winner and offer the prize to the second best and so on until a winner is found. The prizes are non-transferable.
19. Without prejudice to the within terms, the company recognises that the copyright in all works created by the Talent remains with the Talent, however it is a necessary condition of entry, and by so entering, the Talent hereby agrees to grant all necessary rights licences, approvals and authorisations to the company to include, inter alia, the Talent’s entries and work in any footage recorded or captured during the competition, including the right to use such images for the promotion of the competition, exhibiting the work publically, referring to the work on digital platforms in the control of the Company, its affiliates or subsidiaries or parents, and for the avoidance of doubt, the Talent hereby grants the company with a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty free licence to use and publish such footage or materials obtained or others materials in electronic format for purposes connected solely with the competition. Where further consent is necessary from the Talent, it shall not be unreasonably withheld.
20. The company shall be at liberty to assign or licence their rights in such footage or other materials without the prior consent of the Talent and the Talent hereby agrees to forego all injunctive or other legal remedies with the intent of restraining the use by the company of all footage or material obtained, in any jurisdiction.
21. By entering the Prince Ned Nwoko Antarctica Experience Challenge, Talents are agreeing to all of the within Conditions of entry and participation. The Company’s decision on all matters pertaining to the above is final. The Company reserves the right, at any time, and from time to time to amend, modify, vary, or discontinue the terms of this competition.
22. These terms and condition (as may be amended from time to time) constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between them, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
23. This competition and the within terms and conditions, and all questions relating thereto shall be governed by Nigeria law and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Nigeria.